M.I.A. - NME OCTOBER 2013
"MATANGI MUDRA is a meditation pose for a Hindu Goddess, which dates back 5,000 years. It involves raising your middle fingers. I raised my middle finger at the Super Bowl and I’m having to go through a court case…"
"I don’t know why the West turns these things into negatives and then feeds them to its own people. (…) These concepts are being used to control and manipulate people, but who are the people who did that? Those are the questions I’m interested in asking."
Body Positivity for the win.
9 out of 16 are WoC from 9 different nationalities - Spanish, Native American, Middle Eastern, Greek, Hawaiian, South African, Indian, African-American and Chinese.
Even the “white” people don’t all come from the same place - French, Irish, American, Scottish, German, and English.
I’m really sorry if I left out YOUR nationality or YOUR body type, but if I kept going to include every single possible woman in the world I’d never have time for sleep or school work.
UGH YES ALL THE LADIES
THIS IS SO INCLUSIVE AND MAGICAL AND AWESOME AND IOOMG FGSUYGFDYUASGDFYVDFCTRDFX THIS MAKES ME HAPPY, THIS ARTIST IS AWESOME, 5000000 FOR YOU PERSON
Requested by anonymous
1. you do not have to listen to me. I am one person and my word is not law or scripture.
2. be skeptical of any quote or passage that tells you what a writer should be or how a writer should typically act. we are all different and our words come to us how and when they come to us.
3. you don’t have to write when you’re in pain. some people need to lick their wounds without having anyone know about it.
4. you don’t have to be quiet or like coffee to be a writer.
5. when the words don’t come, they don’t come. you are allowed to take a nap or see your friends. you are allowed to be mindless and young.
6. you are allowed to be stupid.
7. you don’t have to write about the people who have broken your heart. it is not required. sometimes, love lost is a secret. sometimes, it is so private, so painful, you don’t even want your hands to remember.
8. you can be happy and be a writer. you are allowed to have normal sleeping patterns. you are allowed to have a heart that floats and doesn’t sink.
9. it does not matter why you write. be selfish. be selfless. make it up.
10. there are stories everywhere, and there is magic in being able to write them down, however we can.
11. be magnificent. it is as easy as breathing. it is as easy as putting pen to paper.❞
YO, I GOT SOME TIPS FOR ALL THE MISERABLE LADIES!
(and hell fucking yes i used to be one)
- try getting ready in the morning wearing only the underwear you look the best in (only buy underwear you feel the best in) or get ready naked. it’s like a scientifically proven fact that all boobs are amazing, and i’ve discovered there’s this weird victoria’s secret angel switch that gets flipped when you’re nude putting on makeup or brushing your hair. you just look like a fox.
- don’t be scared to do things you’re really good at in front of people (they want to see) and don’t be scared to talk about how good you are at things (there is a difference between arrogance and confidence, and we’ve been told repeatedly that being proud of ourselves is cocky and unattractive: FUCK THAT, WE’RE JUST THE SHIT, WE CAN’T HELP IT)
- in recent years i’ve discovered that i’m super hot. you also happen to be super hot. i think “super hot” is a combination of attractive, unique, and comfortable. it just took me a long time to learn how to make myself feel and look super hot, learn what you need to do to make yourself realize you’re super hot, and do that. (if you think i’m an idiot and i’m just telling your to put on tons of makeup, read the next bullet)
- make yourself feel pretty. makeup is not a bad thing. no, you don’t need it. no, you don’t have to have it to be “super hot.” but the coolest thing about it is that it’s a useful tool for shaping your hotness into exactly what you’d like to show to the world, and that’s badass. it’s okay if you aren’t born looking the way you feel inside, cause you have the power to tweak. that also goes for your hair, your clothes, etc. for example, do you think your head looks like a penis when your hair is short? grow it out. do you absolutely love when your head looks like a penis? THEN FUCK YEAH KEEP IT THAT WAY
- be honest as much as you possibly can. to yourself, be honest all the time. if you find you are having a really hard time telling certain people the truth, then maybe they are the wrong people for you. do you trust them? do they make you feel bad about yourself? NAH DUDE FUCK THAT
- if you are uncomfortable, you are instantly not super hot. i don’t mean like if you are wearing shoes you love and they hurt your feet. i mean, if you’re shaving your legs every single fucking day and you hate it but you don’t want anyone to say anything. instead, you should only shave your legs so you can feel the pleasure of your smooth legs against the sheets. or because YOU like them shiny when you’re at the beach. only change yourself if to YOU, that is super hot.
- masturbate all the time. that is all.
- the only dude that deserves anyone as super hot as you, is a dude that knows he is super hot. and a dude that realizes you and fawns in the glorious light that is your super hotness.
- don’t go to work if you have nightmares about it. quit and get a new job. you maybe probably aren’t going to love it (hey, maybe you WILL), because it’s work. but if it is affecting your well-being to the point of suffocation then quit. there are tons of shitty jobs that are less shitty than that one.
- you really need to have a catalog of things that you know make you feel better. you will come across these things slowly and randomly. but remember them, and practice them when you feel shitty. you’re going to feel shitty, so be stocked up on plenty of antidotes.
- hurting yourself is so fucking not okay. i cut myself and all i got were these lousy scars. i starved myself and my pretty hair fell out and my brain was all fucked every time i ate anything for years. i tried to kill myself and had to stay in a mental hospital for the most miserable, depressing, loneliest week of my life. i drank myself into a stupor for a couple of months straight and all it did was hinder me learning how to actually help myself and solve my own mental issues. stop all that shit, and start figuring out how to love and how to feel better and how to be badass when you’re all alone and how to feel super hot.
this is the best thing I have ever read on here.
i love this so much i wanna cry. goosebumps